WordPress appearance is the portion of the theme , widget, menu management from appearance we can edit the code of the theme also. Now I am going to show you one by one.
First WordPress Theme
In the submenu theme, there is the list of the installed themes from where a theme can be made active, delete and can be added new.
View theme details:
clicking on a theme there will appear the theme name, description, author name, and the related URL, from where user can be able to go to the customize portion also
Add a theme
To add a theme user need to
- Click on the add new located at the top portion of the page,
- Search from the existing theme/click on upload theme button
- if searched from the web then hover on the targeted theme and click on the install button it will be installed
- if clicked on the upload theme button then select a downloaded or created themes zip file
- upload the theme and it will be automatically installed
- then if needed make the theme active
Delete a theme
To delete a theme click
- go to the theme listing page by appearance-> theme
- Click on the targeted theme
- Click on the delete link located at the right bottom corner of the theme.
Customize a theme
to customize a theme user need to
- go to appearance->customize link
- make any changes you needed
- the option of the customize portion is varied theme to theme
- Click on save the change to save the settings
Add the widget to a theme
there are many widgets available on the web or can be developed by the user also and it is very useful to provide many options to the user.
- go to appearance->widget
- you will find the available widget in the left-hand side of the page
- and the declared sidebars on the right-hand side of the page
- the sidebar is actually denoting the position of the widget on the theme
- now click on any targeted widget
- select the sidebar
- and click on add
- cow edit the data on the sidebar
- click on save
now you have configured the widget.
Add menu to a theme
Now if you have to add a menu then
- go to appearance->menu
- first, create a new menu,
- select the theme location
- add the pages and the links and posts and category etc
- Click on the save menu
- the menu will appear on the regard portion by your selection.
Edit the code of a theme
It is a very sensitive portion from my point of view as changing any code may breakdown your theme if not changed properly bu proper way. to change the code
- go to appearance->editor
- now select the theme
- the current activated theme will be selected by default
- select the page to be edited
- edit the page
- save changes.
Now you have edited the theme, in our next post will learn about WordPress plugin.