Nowadays PHP is one of the most popular server-side scripting languages, used to make dynamic websites, PHP started with a small personal project but nowadays people found it very useful to make large projects like youtube.com, favebook.com, etc.
* The full name of PHP is PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor
* PHP is a server-side scripting language that is embedded with HTML.
* PHP supports a number of database systems like MySQL which is inbuilt with wamp and xampp, SQL, etc.
* PHP supports many protocols like POP3, IMAP, and LDAP.
* PHP 5 and above supports object-oriented programming.
* PHP syntax is similar to C.
Writing Style of PHP code.
PHP code must be written inside a particular tag as it is embedded with HTML. I am showing here the most popular types or process of writing PHP scripting code.
* the default way to write PHP script is open with <?php tag and close with ?> tag and inside that write php code.
* another way to write PHP code is open and close with <? and ?>, that is the difference with the upper one is just remove the text PHP but for local have to setup.
* there is another way also to write php script its like as java-script code. and the opening and closing tag is, <script language = “php”> and </script>
an example is given below.
<?php Write PHP code here ?> <? Write PHP code here ?> <script language = "php"> PHP code should be written here </script>
What we can do using PHP?
using PHP we can perform several tasks, but in the front end, we can only show HTML or image or pdf. but the server-side opportunities are as described below,
* we can create, add, edit, delete files on server side.
* from the server side we can generate dynamic content.
* We can collect form data that is submitted and use that.
* we can save and collect session and cookies.
* we can be able to restrict user interface.
* can be able to make encrypted data, one-way encryption also
* we can perform database interface.
Why should we use PHP?
* The first one is PHP is open source.
* there is a lot of tutorials available on the internet.
* It supports multiple platforms
* nearly all server provides PHP as pre-installed.
* PHP supports multiple numbers of the database.
Make your first program by printing Hello World! using PHP.
Below there is a code given on how to print a hello world! text using PHP it should be your first programming written in PHP.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>First PHP Program</title> </head> <body> <?php echo "Hello World!"; ?> </body> </html>
I hope it will help you to understand why should we use PHP as a programming language to make a dynamic website.
Thanks for reading.